Friday, November 27, 2009

I have fine thin hair. I just got it colored - it's chin length b/c the roots were bad showing

to get back to my natural color. The color made it even softer and silkier, which sounds good, but for fuzzy cotton candy textured hair, it's not so good because it won't hold a style, and if I walk out in the wind.....whoosh it's gone, and you can hang it up for humidity. I'm tired of fighting it, but I know if I can just get it to grow back out long, it will be easier to maintain. Could I put a perm solution in the top just to make the bangs not frizz so easily, and would this give it texture, or would it just fry them off since it's so fine and slippery. If it was all straight, that would be fine, but it is wavy and easily frizzed. Can I do a perm solution after a color like that? Or, is there any type of gel or hairspray that holds fine thin slippery soft hair and gives it some texture without weighing it down? - and, I live in the south, so the HUMIDITY IS HORRIBLE....



I have fine thin hair. I just got it colored - it's chin length b/c the roots were bad showing and I'm trying

Try John Frieda's Frizz Ease (sold in most stores and drugstores). I used to use that on my hair when it was permed (and frizzed wildly). It worked pretty well.



I have fine thin hair. I just got it colored - it's chin length b/c the roots were bad showing and I'm trying

Your hair sounds like mine! The Texas humidity kills me when I try to curl. All I can do is wash it every other day for the weight. Every hairdresser I have talked to has suggested mousse then blow dry, then hair spray the heck out of it. I'm not a big fan of helmet head, but the garnier fructise (I so spelt that wrong) is the best I have found in years.



As far as chemical in your hair... I would not put a perm on top of the hair color unless the color is at least a week old. You want to be creaful about too much chemical otherwise the hair will break and lose any natural strength. I'd try a hot oil treatment first.



Paul Mitchell also has a really great product called Foaming Hair pomade. You can use a tiny bit in the roots and that should absolutely kill the frizz. You can also blow dry with that product in your hair. Ohh, and it adds shine. I love it, it's my best friend! Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
credit union