Friday, November 27, 2009

What foods/vitamins improve hair growth/stop hair loss?

For the past 2 months or so my hair has been falling out. Each day when I just casually run my fingers through it, I get almost a full handfull of hair that just stays in my hand. I've never had this problem before; I don't dye my hair, I don't use any damaging hair products and the like, so I can't figure out what can be causing this. I even changed my shampoo and conditioner and stopped using gel just in case, but that has not helped with the hair loss. I think I eat a pretty balanced diet, I don't take any medicine, so I'm pretty much at a loss as to why my hair keeps falling out. I don't take any vitamins, but I'm considering starting to take some in hopes of stopping the hair loss and generating new hair growth. I'm relatively young - in my early 20's, so I know that it's nothing attributed to age. Though I have had some stressors for the past few months -but I'm not sure if stress can cause such significant hair loss. I would really appreciate some advice regarding this.



What foods/vitamins improve hair growth/stop hair loss?

Stress CAN cause hair loss. Been there. So can: hereditary hair loss (female pattern baldness), anesthesia, medicines, thyroid dysfunction. Ask a pharmacist or health food store which supplements are the best. I have used multivitamin, B-complex. Zinc and B6 are good also. Have your Dr. also advise you.



What foods/vitamins improve hair growth/stop hair loss?

multi- vitamin with iron helps and prenatal pills really help but the prenatal can double your eggs.



What foods/vitamins improve hair growth/stop hair loss?

Sorry to hear about your situation. Female pattern hair loss is something a lot of women are faced with and the causes tend to be different than those of male pattern baldness. You are right, stress is a primary cause of hair loss in women, but I'd venture to say that your situation may be deeper, especially if you're experiencing a sudden increase in the amount of hair lost. I would suggest you consult a dermatologist specializing in hair loss, there are a number of viruses, hormonal disorders, etc, which could be causing your hair loss. The sooner you find out the better. In the mean time, check out the hair loss blog I have managed since receiving a hair transplantation back in July. It's called battleagainsbald.com and in addition to showing the results of my procedure, I provide a wealth of information on hair loss, its causes, and methods for correcting.



Best of luck in your battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
credit union