Sunday, June 20, 2010

Healthy hair?

What's considered healthy hair? I mean like I just want to know 'cause it's been a year since my hair used to be really short and I'd spike it with gel and since it's been a year it's the length to my chin, but it's not all even yet. Since it feels like it's been a while since my hair has been long I was wondering if it was healthy?



Healthy hair?

Healthy hair can be natural or chemically treated. Do you use professional products? If not you could have a build up on your hair. Do you use a deep conditioner? Do you have curly hair, it is naturally more dry. Do over process your hair (colours/perms), if yes it could be more dry. I am a hair stylist and it would be hard to say without seeing/touching your hair, I suggest you go to a hair salon and ask what they think and recommend! If you stretch a hair shaft (while wet) and it is able to stretch about 50% AND return to normal, your hair is in good shape.



Healthy hair?

hair doesnt grow evenly. you need to get it trimmed every 4-6 weeks to get rid of the split ends. also use professional products.they wont leave a build up on your hair like over the counter shampoos and conditioners.



Healthy hair?

As long as you use gels from a salon that a stylist recommends and are water soluble you're OK on that front.



A good gage on hair health is, without any product in your hair, does your hair shine? If it shines - its pretty healthy.



Also, you can check your 'tinsel strength'. That means to take one strand of hair between both pointer fingers and thumb and pull it just a little. See if it stretches. If it stretches a little - its healthy.



Truly, as long as you keep your hair clean and use the right products that don't clog the hair follicle...you're fine - gels and all.



Healthy hair?

I think I would be the perfect person to answer this question. I have really really really long hair. It is naturally dirty blonde and goes down to my tail bone. I just cut 8 inches of it off two weeks ago. :) Any way, what is healthy hair? Healthy hair is hair that has not been touched with any hair color treatments, or perms, it has no split ends, and is not dry. But, what you could do and should do is go get it styled so it doesn't look shaggy. Trimming it a lot helps to prevent split ends. Also, if you do color it, be sure to use a deep conditioner. The deep conditioner also helps dry hair. But, short hair doesn't mean its not healthy. It would have to be looked at. If you really really want to know, go into a salon and ask them. They should be able to tell you. But make sure you use gentle shampoos and conditioners. I use and have been using Herbal Essence shampoo the old Rose Hip one, for the past 9 years! I live by it! It is gentle to my hair and cleans it really well, and for conditioners I use Pantene Pro V for smooth and sleek hair.



Any way, this has been one of my favorite questions! :) I love my hair! lol I started off with really short hair, it was traumatic. I wish I could have enjoyed it like you and spiked it, but, I was soo upset. The woman that cut my hair went nutty and must have had some therapy on my hair. Don't let a woman going through a divorce touch your hair!! lol...



:)



Take care.



Hope this helped.



Healthy hair?

HeLLo...



...length doesn't necessarily mean healthy...if your hair isn't shedding outside of what it's normally supposed to shed and it is shiny and strong and the ends aren't all split up then that is healthy hair...I see women all the time with longer hair but they need a good 2 inches removed due to damaged and split ends...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
credit union